The Senior Energy analyst should have excellent writing/presentation skills in addition to a strong knowledge of energy access and renewable energy.
The company’s client is a company that has participated actively in building green energy planning and technical advice in the region.
- Engineering and technical support for renewable energy and energy access solutions, both public and commercial.
- Clean energy advisory services including market analysis, policy development, technical training and capacity building, business model development, rural energy access and financing, project management and strategic planning.
- Implementation of renewable energy projects, including within rural electrification, off-grid energy, renewable energy market analysis, energy policy and regulation, and other
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Manage or liaise with external associates on a project by project basis
- Undertake field work and travel as needed
- Prepare project reports and other deliverables to highest standards
- Identification of new clients and business opportunities
- Establishment and cultivation of a professional network within the industry
- Preparation of proposals and applications for funding
- Contribution to newsletter, website or other marketing tools as needed
- Conference / workshop attendance as relevant.
The Senior Energy Analyst will report to the Team Leader, and will work closely with the Engineering team to ensure clients’ expectations are understood and exceeded.
Though the primary focus will be on the Client’s current and ongoing work pipeline, there will be some scope for the Senior Energy Analyst to specialize according to his/her professional interests and background.
Some travel will be required as part of this position – depending on project cycles, this is estimated at approximately 25-40% of the year.
- A problem solver – curious, resourceful, persistent, analytical
- A communicator – and able to craft non-technical explanations for technical ideas
- Multi-tasker – proactive in prioritising and managing multiple demands
- Open – to working in a multi-cultural environment, learning, exploring.
- MA/MSc in renewable energy, energy policy, economics, international development, or related field.
- 3-10 years’ work experience
- Demonstrated experience in project management, research, and/or market or policy analysis
- Excellent communication skills in English – verbal and written
- Ability to work independently
- Strong command of MS Office applications
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of renewable energy technologies and off-grid energy
- Competence in French or Swahili
- Existing network in the renewable energy industry – East Africa and/or internationally
Contract duration: Long term
Status: Full time
Reports to: Team Leader, Clean Energy Advisory
How to Apply
Applications letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “ 2064”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2064, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 17th Feb 2016
N.B. * When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.