Currently they are seeking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer with world-class expertise in training software developers to lead the education of thousands of fellows at locations all over Africa.
You are the kind of person who:
- Has serious skill and industry experience in software development; has made contributions into open source, and is committed to sharing knowledge
- Is a life-long learner
- Believes in the effectiveness of collaborative learning
- Loves unlocking the potential of others
- Deeply understands remote software development, its pitfalls, and how to avoid them to succeed
- Has a keen sense of how systems enable or hinder personal growth
You will also:
- Be responsible for managing and growing a high-performance training team.
- Interface frequently with Nairobi Recruitment and Operations department to collaboratively make the center succeed.
- Develop and execute an accountability-focused process for reporting Kenya trainer’s performance.
- Build systems to ensure that your Fellows get hands-on experience with concepts like Systems and Scalability Design, Performance Optimization, and Security.
- Regularly report progress to department leadership and assess opportunities to improve or pivot.
- The ability to be located in Nairobi, Kenya and travel regularly to Lagos, Nigeria.
- 7+ years’ development and delivery of software products within the high tech or business consulting industries
- Deep understanding of the needs of businesses that require software developers that can operate remotely
- Experience teaching, training teachers, monitoring and evaluating programs, and incorporating learning back into training.
- Demonstrated understanding of scalable learning technologies, training methods, and content authoring techniques.
- Highly collaborative with experience building rapport, confidence and trust among all team members.
- Excellent communicator skilled at managing several reporting relationships across an organization
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Education, Computer Science or a related field.
If fit for the role kindly send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating ’ Senior Software Engineer’ on the subject line by 17th February, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates are contacted.