Sian Roses is a group of three flower farms, all located in Kenya, producing a wide variety of cut flowers of the highest quality.
We are seeking to recruit a competent and self driven person to fill the position of an Account Manager in our Sales and Marketing department based in Nairobi.
Job Specification: The successful applicant will be required to build long-term relationships with assigned customers, connect with key business executives and stakeholders so as to ensure customer needs are met whilst achieving company goals.
- Build and develop strong customer relations with respective customers based on good rapport, understanding and respect.
- Maintain and develop close relationship with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails, Skype.
- Gain a clear understanding of customers’ requirements for the accounts to be managed.( specs , preferred varieties, prices )
- Focus on Identifying new sales opportunities within the accounts one manages with a view to growing the accounts. ( create new lines, grow existing lines)
- Respond to all queries lodged by the customers.
- Liaise and consult with credit control as well as Marketing and Business Development Manager on the payment terms and status of customer accounts.
- Checking quantities of flowers in stock at the farm on a daily basis and confirming availability to customers.
- Liaise with farms to check the progress of existing orders.
- Advise customers daily about their shortfalls, confirmations and delivery schedules.
- Liaise with marketing and business development manager and quality and standards managers to ensure quality issues are sorted and timely feedback is given to customers on the action taken
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales & Marketing or related field from a recognized university
- At least 3 years experience in account management
- Highly organized and efficient
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation, follow up and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Shows consistent professionalism and good judgment
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to send their applications stating their current salary and a detailed CV clearly indicating their day time phone numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 26th February 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Sian Roses is an equal opportunity employer