Sian Roses is a group of three flower farms, all located in Kenya, producing a wide variety of cut flowers of the highest quality.
We are seeking to recruit a competent and self driven person to fill the position of an ICT Manager in our head office based in Nairobi. This is a three (3) year renewable contract.
Job Specification: The successful applicant will oversee the formulation and implementation of ICT strategies and policies.
He/she will direct, manage, supervise and coordinate activities and operations of ICT Department in the organization.
- Formulation and implementation ICT Policy.
- Manage all the company’s software, hardware and other IT equipment at all levels.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating all the ICT functions and staff.
- Responsible for enhancements of existing systems or implementation of new systems.
- Initiate and implement improvements in all areas of IT responsibility in line with latest information technology trends.
- Design and develop the company’s website and ensure that it is interactive and as current as possible.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the company’s infrastructure, and ensure that the company’s LAN and WAN is operational at all times.
- Ensure the entire ICT security is guaranteed at all times from both internal and external intrusion.
- Employ the best standards in data storage and disaster recovery procedures.
- Train all end users on the use of ICT systems and equipment through both formal and informal training programs.
- Relay relevant IT-related information to the company in a timely manner.
- Oversee the administrative function of ICT department while at the same time challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT from a recognized University
- Masters degree in ICT or Business related field will be an added advantage
- ICT professional certification in systems engineering, I.T security, database management, Network Engineering or application development
Other Key Requirements
- Four years working experience with at least 2 years in management position
- Practical experience in Server administration is a mandatory requirement.
- Knowledge in SAP software will be an added advantage
Skills and abilities
- Excellent Leadership skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent strategic focus
- Technologically savvy
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to send their applications stating their current salary and a detailed CV clearly indicating their day time phone numbers to email@example.com by Friday 26th February 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Sian Roses is an equal opportunity employer