Main Tasks: The Solar PV Engineer will work closely with the CEO and Engineering Team Leader in all parts of the commercial PV system planning and management cycle.
The engineer will deliver appropriate design solutions based on specific site resources, customer desires and budgets, and assessed load requirements.
The Solar PV Design Engineer will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Supervise and guide teams to conduct detailed site surveys for PV and hybrid solutions
- Carry out customer meetings as the company’s technical representative
- Design a wide range of on and off-grid solar PV configurations including:
- Embedded systems (typically over50 kWp in size)
- Off-grid stand alone systems
- Mini-grids for off-grid clients and communities
- Micro-grids for commercial and industrial clients
- Systems that integrate with existing energy equipment
- Performance modelling, monitoring and reporting of PV system outputs
- Understand East African regional regulatory requirements, installation standards, and implementation costs
- Build relationships with strategic equipment suppliers and serve as the key contact person for EPC partners
- Support the engineering and consulting teams by providing technical support to project proposals, reports and technical documents
- Keep abreast of technology developments and identify new products that meet client/customer needs
- Specify and advise on monitoring and display solutions, appropriate circuit and surge protection devices
- Participate in project deployments, monitoring, inspection and debugging activities of key test sites
- Report to Engineering Team Leader and CEO for supervision and validation of reports and designs
- Work with the engineering team to build capacity and to learn about the changing solar markets
- Perform other duties as required.
It is expected that the candidate will use her/his existing professional network to help the company in broadening its East Africa clientèle, especially in the commercial and industry space.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 2 years field experience in PV engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of modelling and design software to design and plan of tangible systems.
- Hands-on approach to technical support and ability to train clients’ operators and staff.
- Experience with monitoring and communications systems.
- Strong analytical ability; in particular analysing energy figures and statistic and be able to understand them and extract the valuable/meaningful information.
- Technically self-sufficient and highly motivated.
- Strong technical writing ability, communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of energy auditing including practical aspects of electrical, mechanical and thermal energy measuring and efficiency practice.
- Ability to execute several projects and tasks in parallel.
- Ability to work cross functionally with engineering, business development, and consulting personnel.
- Willingness to travel frequently, mostly in the region.
- Strong marketing and communication skills are desired traits of candidates
- We are seeking a candidate who has as many of the above traits and following qualifications as possible.
- Consideration will be given to candidates that demonstrate strong experience in PV system implementation.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or energy technologies
- Internationally recognized solar engineering qualifications or license. Please state these qualifications in your application.
- Registration and/or membership of recognized international engineering body is desirable.
- Valid driver’s license (required)
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th February 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.