Assistant Legal Manager
To support the legal team in its day to day operations including but not limited to:
1. Managing Legal risks
- Review and provide legal advice on legal documents and issues.
- Review ongoing cases and advise Group Head of Legal accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide and interpret legal information.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
2. Litigation management
- Liaise with external legal counsel on Court matters while maintaining good autonomy on a number of tasks.
3. Contract negotiation
- Review assigned contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention.
4. Administrative duties
- Assist Legal Manager in preparing the weekly individual performance report to be discussed at the Weekly Operations Review Meetings.
- Assisting with maintenance of documentation, spreadsheets and legal databases.
- Report generation.
- Assisting with various legal projects as required.
- LLB degree
- Minimum 2 years’ post admission experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Available to start immediately
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications letters and CV to email@example.com no later than Friday 4th March 2016