Commission established under Article 230 of the Constitution of Kenya
2010, with the mandate of setting and regularly reviewing the
Remuneration and benefits of all State Officers and to advise the
National and County governments on the remuneration and benefits of all
other Public Officers.
Commission has to take into account the Constitutional Principles of;
fiscal sustainability of the Public Compensation bill, attraction and
retention of requisite skills for service delivery, productivity and performance, transparency and fairness and equity.
The Commission seeks to recruit a qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
The officer in this position will be responsible to the Deputy Director, Research and Compliance for:
- designing research and compliance proposals and methodologies;
- designing data collection procedures and instruments;
- identifying compliance issues, undertaking pro-active compliance checks;
- conducting salary and remuneration surveys;
- maintaining reports and records on research and compliance;
- collecting, examining and preparing compliance information concerning salary and remuneration for analysis;
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:-
- At least six (6) years proven experience in conducting research and undertaking compliance survey checks;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following discipline: a Public Administration, Public management, Human Resource Management, Economics, Sociology, Statistics, Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration, Human Resource Management, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application in Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) or any other relevant statistical package;
- Demonstrated experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Proficiency in Computer applications in Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) or any other relevant statistical package; and
- Demonstrated competencies and capability in handling remuneration matters.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of………..(indicate the position applied for)” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer.