Job Title: Stat To Tax Contractor
Reference: STT 2016
Recruiter: Stratostaff East Africa Ltd
Contract: 4 months
Profile Introduction: Our client, an international Company, dealing with provision of solutions in energy, healthcare, transport and finance is seeking to recruit a Stat To Tax Contractor.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting;
- Accounting professional qualification such as ACCA,CPA is an added advantage;
- At least 3 years hands on experience in a fast paced finance/Accounting environment;
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong Excel proficiency;
- Analysis of US GAAP TB and Stat TB to investigate reason for variances;
- Compare Stat TB and Financial Statements and investigate reason for variances;
- Post manual journals into the ledgers to close variances identified;
- Work closely with the Stat to Tax leader to pass Stat adjustments into the Statutory ledger during the; audit period
- Assist with STAT HFM implementation.
- Ensure monthly tax liabilities are accurately calculated, tax payments are made and tax returns submitted by the respective due dates
- Review potential tax exposure points on an ongoing basis to ensure the company is not exposed to penalties for non-compliance or misinterpretation of legislation
- Possess integrity and positive attitude;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to prioritize work and properly manage time;
- Able to work effectively and efficiently;
- Resourceful and open minded;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to work in a cross functional or business and global team;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; • Exceptional critical thinking skills;
- Good commercial acumen.
- Highly motivated, results oriented and self-driven;
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 17th February 2016
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer