Partners in Food Solutions / Technoserve / USAID
SAFE (Solutions for African Food Enterprises)
Call for Expression of Interest from Food Processors
TechnoServe in collaboration with U.S. based Partners in Food Solutions (PFS) are implementing a project named Solutions for African Food Enterprises (SAFE) with funding from USAID.
The objective of SAFE is to increase competitiveness of the African food processing sector to expand availability of affordable and nutritious foods.
This will be done through knowledge and technology transfer from volunteer experts from some of the world leading food and equipment manufacturers such as General Mills, Cargill, Royal DSM, Bühler and Hersheys
TechnoServe is currently selecting Small Growing Businesses (SGBs), specifically food companies, which will benefit from tailor-made interventions, ranging from food formulation, packaging development, food safety training, quality certification, and business planning to efficient systems implementation.
We are thus calling for Expressions of Interest from small and medium sized food processors who would like to receive the knowledge and technology support.
To be considered for the selection process, the companies should satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 5 employees.
- Process food products that have a nutritional component e.g. fortified flours, fortified edible oils, etc.
- Have products or plan to have products that benefit vulnerable populations (e.g. children and nursing / lactating mothers) preferentially.
- Have clearly articulated technology needs and willing to implement advice from volunteer experts.
- Have no major financial risks
- Willing to share business data to help the project measure its impact on company.
- Source raw materials directly or indirectly from small holder farmers.
Expressions of interest should include the following information:
- Company name and address;
- Year of establishment and ownership;
- Production capacity, products and number of employees;
- Source(s) of major raw materials;
Interested food processors should send expression of interest to: email@example.com, cc: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach not later than 29th Feb 2016.