Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is an international NGO focused on Child Rights and Child Protection.
To support the development of its Child Protection Programme in Dadaab region, Garissa County, Tdh is encouraging Kenyan Nationals to apply for the position of:
Child Protection Project Coordinator – Dadaab Region, Garissa County
Reporting to: Child Protection Programme Manager
Duty station: Dadaab Main Office, Dadaab (with travels to Kambioos and Hagadera Project locations
Contract duration: 12 months (3 months’ probation)
- To be responsible, under the supervision of the Child Protection Programme Manager, for all aspects of the implementation of the Child Protection project in Dadaab region (Kambioos and Hagadera)
- To manage, mentor and train 2 CP Project Managers, and a team of professional child protection, Administration and community workers.
- To coordinate with the project leads of programme activities to ensure regular assessment of project needs and adequate standards of service provision are met.
- To develop collaboration and participate in coordination with UNHCR, other UN agencies, and International, and the local agencies and authorities such as the Sub- County Children Officer, parents, operational partners.
- Minimum university degree in related field (Psychology, Sociology, Child Rights / Child Development Studies, Social Work).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing or coordinating the implementation of projects supporting children
- Experience working in a complex refugee program environment or in refugee settings and managing child protection in emergencies settings is a plus
- Experience with Behaviour Change techniques and approaches
- Management of project funds
- Team management experience (60 subordinates).
- Project reporting and evaluation experience.
- Hands-on experience in training and mentorship of staff
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Only candidates that fit the requirements above are invited to submit a covering letter, CV, references, and copies of academic and professional certificates (if requirements are not met or application is incomplete, the application will not be considered).
The Application can be emailed to email@example.com – Kindly indicate the position on the subject line of the e-mail – only applications which will have complied with this request will be shortlisted.
Closing date for these positions is 23rd February 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are specifically encouraged to apply.