Position: Human Resource Officer
Purpose of the Positions: Assists in the general administration of approved policies and procedures such as employment, wage fixing, industrial relations, health and welfare of employees with special emphasis on the correct Interpretation of the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Payroll preparation
- Acts as Secretary at Management / Union meetings
- Prepares draft warning, termination and dismissal letters for employees leaving the service and advises management accordingly
- Keeps records on staff on probation and submits probationer’s appraisal report form for the completion of the appropriate head of department at two (2) monthly intervals
- Ensures that employees leaving the service hand over all company property in their possession and also surrender their ID Cards
- Computes leave entitlements of employees and ensures that they are in writing of their commencement dates in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Prepares numerical and departmental staff lists for staff as and when necessary, at least twice in a year
- Collects, checks and reports weekly on temporary staff request to ensure that the proposed crewing is according to established labour standards
- Maintains up-to-date records on hospital expenditure on employees
- Processes loans and salary advances for employees and maintains up-to-date records on them
- Keeps records of industrial accidents, processes Workmen’s Compensation for injured workmen and ensures that payment, as calculated by the company’s insurance agents is effected according to existing laws
- Responsible for the creation of variable elements of Senior and Junior staff payroll
- Liaises with the HOD’s for the training of new employees in HR roles
- Serves as the first line of support for all staff in their need for HR support
- Generates administrative and ad hoc reports in HR as and when required.
- Holder of a Bachelor degree from a recognized University in HR
- A Higher diploma in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage.
- Have 3-4 years’ experience in payroll administration and Human Resource Management in FMCG.
- Proven experience in Employee policies and procedures.
- A team player willing to work with minimum supervision.
- Be a person of integrity with high morals and professional ethical values.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task between various briefs.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume indicating your current salary and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 17th February, 2016.