We Effect Eastern Africa is recruiting a Coordinator for Resource Mobilization.
The job is a full-time position based in Nairobi on fixed term contract until the end of 2016 with good possibilities of extension depending on budget.
We Effect is a Swedish non-governmental organisation working in 25 countries.
Our work focuses on reducing poverty and inequality by strengthening the ability of member based and democratic organisations to enable women and men, girls and boys living in poverty to improve their living conditions, defend their rights and contribute to a just society.
The work is focused to the following areas: rural development, housing, gender equality and financial inclusion.
Roles and responsibilities
- Update, further develop and implement the regional strategy for resource mobilisation;
- Support and promote the development of strategic alliances with donor organisations and other strategic actors, with special emphasis on the EU;
- Monitor and identify funding opportunities for We Effect and partner organisations;
- Undertake capacity building initiatives for staff and partners on skills improvement ensuring there is knowledge on the We Effect global resource mobilization manual
- Coordinate and support the regional team in the development of funding proposals;
- Coordinate the resource mobilisation work in Eastern Africa with the other We Effect regions and the head office in Stockholm;
- Coordinate needs for information material and targeted donor communication with the regional communication officer; and
- Evaluate and systematically document the experiences and lessons learnt.
The ideal candidate must have good
- Experience in development and implementation of methods for international development cooperation, including a human rights based approach, planning, monitoring, evaluation and risk management;
- Experience in resource mobilisation for international development cooperation, development of concept notes and funding proposals
- Strong analytical and communication skills, works well in a team, excellent deadline management and ease to work towards set goals;
- Knowledge of international relations, EU development policy and international development cooperation;
For more details please visit Link: http://www.weeffect.org/recruiting/
If you meet the set criteria, please send your CV and application letter describing how you would match the responsibilities listed and the qualification required to RecruitmentROEA@weeffect.org before, 4th March 2016 at 15.00.
Any questions for clarification before applying can be sent to the same e-mail address.
We Effect is an equal opportunity Employer!