Position title: wPOWER Partnership Officer
Background: The Green Belt Movement International (USA) has received a grant from the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Oceans & International Environmental & Scientific Affairs (OES) to support the creation and scaling up of the wPOWER Hub at the Wangari Maathai Institute for Peace & Environmental Studies (WMI) at the University of Nairobi.
The Green Belt Movement is seeking to recruit a Partnership Officer to be based at the wPOWER Hub.
- Provide daily management and oversight of Hub employees and activities on behalf of the Project Director
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy
- Design a partnership program, incorporating best practices
- Plan and host partnership gatherings and networking sessions
- Develop strong relationships with current and future wPOWER partners, maintaining consistent contact
- Track and monitor progress towards partnership goals
- Manage partnerships and communications with partners, including the interactive platform
- Maintain database and recordkeeping systems of files, calendars, and spreadsheets on partners
- Write and edit promotional materials for specific wPOWER programs
- Produce and oversee the distribution of correspondences, including invitations to funder events/briefings
- Help plan and manage events for partners, develop and distribute materials for the events and/or follow-up
- Manage the knowledge management platform, identify and facilitate sharing of resources with partners including facilitation of trainings and webinars
- Perform other administrative duties as required
This is a full-time position based at the wPOWER Hub in Nairobi, Kenya. Attendance may also be required at special events that occur outside of normal working hours and the position involves some travel.
wPOWER offers a competitive salary to be determined based on the candidate’s education level and prior work experience.
Required Background and Skills
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in international relations, nonprofit management, building networks / partnerships or related fields
- 5-10 years of experience in communications, networking, nonprofit management, partnership development or related experience working for the U.S. government
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills in English. French fluency a bonus.
- Ability to conduct research and analysis
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills
- Knowledge of computer programs: all Microsoft Office programs, web-based communication tools
- Ability to work independently and in groups, and to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of environmental and energy issues
- A passion for women’s empowerment
Please submit your resume, cover letter, writing sample (max 3,000 words), and salary expectations to email@example.com,by COB on 29th February 2016.
wPOWER is an equal opportunity employer.