WWF- The global conservation organization, Kenya, is seeking to recruit a:
Information Management Officer
(To be based in Nairobi)
The Information Management Officer will be responsible for implementing WWF-Kenya’s Information Management strategy; to customize applications and systems to user needs, to analyze and disseminate information effectively across Offices.
The incumbent will have the following key roles:
- Customize WWF-Kenya’s data and information visualization platforms;
- Participates in data management improvement projects;
- Identify new information and data requirements to support operations and partners in the region;
- Design and implement a structured dissemination plan for all information products and services as appropriate;
- Conducts outreach to internal and external data entities to develop partnerships and data sharing relationships;
- Research innovative methods and techniques for analysing and visualizing data in support of reporting;
- Evaluates adequacy of existing data tools and Implements new technologies in information management;
- Develops training materials and user manuals; trains staff in use of data management systems;
- Assists in geospatial & statistical data mobilization from different data centres & institutions;
- Supports the promotion of data and information sharing within the conservation community;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
The prospective candidate should possess:
- Minimum University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Geospatial Sciences or a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant job experience in information management;
- Proven computer programming and applications development skills;
- Proven statistical, analytical and technical skills, with the ability to logically present information;
- Monitoring and evaluation skills specific to natural resource management or related areas;
- Project Planning, management, and organizational skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should email a cover letter and CV with ‘Information Management Officer’ on the subject line to the POD Manager, WWF-Kenya – firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 19th February 2016.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.