Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Kazini Africa Trust is recruiting an Accounts Assistant for one of our clients.
Due to continuous growth and demands, our client is seeking a self-driven, target oriented, energetic, ambitious, self-motivated individual; keen on a career enhancing opportunity to fill the Accounts Assistant Position.
- Preparation of asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documentation of financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommending of financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Preparation of Audit Schedules and providing explanation to audit queries.
- Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Securing financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls.
- Preparing payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Preparation and submission of VAT and withholding tax payment.
- Ensuring all subsidiary ledgers are reconciled to Control Accounts in General ledger.
- Payment of import duties and taxes and ensuring compliance with import procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- At least CPA 1.
- High degree of proficiency in computer applications for accounting and finance knowledge.
- 1 years’ experience in an accounting position.
- Strong consolidation knowledge and experience.
- Statutory understanding (companies act and Tax).
- Financial Accounting packages would be advantageous.
If you are motivated and energetic, possessing the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com before 23rd March, 2016.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.