Vacancy: Manager – Projects
Aga Khan University, a private, self governing International University chartered in Pakistan in 1983, is a role model for academic, research and service programmes in health and higher education in the developing world.
The University currently has teaching sites in Pakistan, East Africa, the United Kingdom and Afghanistan and is a major component of Aga Khan Development Network.
Applicants will be expected to support the cultivation of relations with multilateral and bilateral funders to strengthen AKU’s resource mobilization activities across East Africa.
This will require working closely with the Aga Khan Foundation and all academic and clinical leaders.
- Develop and manage donor relations with funding partners in Kenya;
- Act as AKU’s in-country point-of-contact for funding agency discussions;
- Support engagement with donor representatives and with donor missions to build and strengthen longterm relationships;
- Assist with cultivating and leveraging relations with representatives of funding agencies present in Kenya;
- Develop and expand AKU funding landscape in Kenya;
- Promote and prioritize a culture of inter-agency communication and dialogue in donor relations;
- Work with academic and clinical leaders to coordinate the production of high quality grant applications and/or proposals related to AKU’s activities, and provide support for programme proposals and grant applications.
- A Post-graduate Degree;
- At least 3 years experience in managing donor relations, ensuring compliance with donor requirements;
- Experience in developing and writing proposals, coordinating multiple inputs from a variety of sources;
- Understanding of higher education and health within a developing country context ;
- Demonstrable success in securing high-level funding from key agencies (DFTAD, World Bank, European Commission, etc.).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to email their application, curriculum vitae, names of three referees and copies of certificates & testimonials, clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration to email@example.com so as to reach not later than 16th March, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.