The Agricultural Finance Corporation [AFC] is a State Corporation whose mandate is to provide quality and sustainable customer focused financial services for the development of the agricultural sector in Kenya.
In order to achieve this objective, the Corporation wishes to invite applications from exceptionally talented, results driven, self-motivated individuals with proven track record for the position of:
Head of Internal Audit
Head of Internal Audit
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Internal Audit has the functional reporting to the Board’s Audit Committee.
He/She is charged with the following responsibilities:-
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures for the Internal Audit function and directs its technical and administrative functions;
- Develops and executes a comprehensive audit program for the evaluation of the management controls provided for the Corporation’s activities;
- Trains, instructs and supervises subordinate professional, technical and other personnel;
- Interprets and explains legislation, rules, regulations and procedures as applied and related to the auditing of programs and operations at the Corporation to subordinate staff, management, vendors, contracting agencies, and others;
- Directs specialized auditing programs to assist management in the evaluation and control of program operations so as to maintain compliance to standards and conformance to financial obligations;
- Approves proposed audits, field operations and procedures, and field reports pertaining to internal audit programs;
- Supervises auditing of all units and establishments of the Corporation, and determines scope of investigation required;
- Makes reports to Management and the Board based on reports and audits; and recommends solutions to problems identified through audits;
- Liaises with departmental heads to ensure audit findings and recommendations are fully accepted and implemented;
- Consults with Management concerning audit findings and recommends improvements of management controls;
- Directs the conduct of the more difficult audits involving complex problems and procedures;
- Handles the performance management; supervision and development of staff within the Internal Audit Department;
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- B Com. – Accounting option or Equivalent
- General Masters Degree
- CPA (K)
- Supervisory Management course
- 10 years’ experience at a senior position in a relevant and comparable Institution /Field
- Possess /demonstrates excellent Oral communication, presentation and writing skills
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Posses /demonstrates solid Planning, organizing and management skills
- Stickler to due process
- Individual leadership skills
How to Apply
An attractive and competitive salary package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications together with updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates and testimonials, telephone contacts, and at least three referees, one of whom must be a past employer.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
Agricultural Finance Corporation
Development House 7th Floor, Moi Avenue
P.O. Box 30367 – 00100 GPO
And should be mailed or hand delivered.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday, 15th March, 2016 at 5.00 pm.
AFC is an equal opportunity Employer.
Lack of inclusions of all details as sought for or any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.