Due to the rural set-up and challenges associated therewith, all applicants should have a personal commitment to community development.
Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.
1. Purpose of the Position:
Keep the demonstration plot as a Centre of Excellence and undertake demonstrations to the training center’s students, community members and other visiting parties at the plot.
Take part in training the students and the community in agroforestry ventures.
2. Major Duties and Responsibilities
R1. Agro-forestry Development
- T.1 Participate in the organization’s beekeeping activities and value addition processes.
- T.2 Ensure that the demonstration plots at the project site is in a presentable state and serve as an example of what should be practiced in the community.
- T.3 Assist in ensuring the use of Organic farming methods in the maintenance and management of the gardens.
- T.4 Ensure that the demonstration plot is a profitable venture.
- T.5 Provide overall guidance, mentoring and supervision to Agroforestry staff to ensure successful implementation of Agroforestry activities and targets.
- T.6 Come up with work plans for Agroforestry staff and follow up to ensure that they are achieved.
- T.7 Put forward new ideas and/or recommendations for improvement of the agroforestry project.
- T.8 Ensure that Agroforestry productions are done in a cost effective manner.
- T.9 Ensure enhanced access to markets both locally and beyond for Agroforestry products.
- T.1 Carry out Curriculum Development for the training center’s students undertaking sustainable organic Agriculture.
- T.2 Develop lesson plans for sustainable organic Agriculture training.
- T.3 Provide counseling to the students, address their disciplinary issues and assist in Conflict Resolution amongst them.
- T.4 Facilitate internal examinations for sustainable organic Agriculture.
- T.5 Ensure Training and Resource Center rules and regulations are clearly communicated to the students and are adhered to.
- T.6 Ensure the students participate in all relevant activities.
- T.1 Provide quality and timely delivery of the projects reports, in their agreed format and deadlines.
- T.2 Advice the Management of any key developments forums and any other networks which may serve to the advantage of the organization and its ability to achieve its overall objectives.
- T.3 Interpret and implement government policies that affect the activities of the Agroforestry project.
- T.4 Coordinate the process of ensuring that vegetables are available for use at the PSS centers.
- T.5 Ensure that Agroforestry casual staff are rotated and substituted appropriately.
- T.6 Take part in the process of wage preparation for the Agroforestry casuals.
- T.7 Review the projects operational budgets in conjunction with the projects team, Supervisor and relevant Finance and Administration staff.
- T.8 Maintain follow-up and feedback system to ensure efficient processes.
- T.9 Actively maintain the internal referral system to ensure beneficiaries are provided with maximum support from the organization’s various expertise.
- T.10 Ensure all inventory items issued to the department are maintained in good condition and are stored neatly and in a secured room.
- T.1 Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Supervisor and management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of the organization’s mission and vision.
- T.2 Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support Program for Orphaned and
- Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the Saturday PSS on their own.
a) Level of education:
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Agro-forestry, Agri-business
- Requires good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with beneficiaries, Local Community Members, students and staff.
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Should possess strong communication, negotiation and administration skills.
- Must have a valid Motorbike license and be able to ride the motorbike.
- At least three (3) years’ experience.
stating the position for which you are applying, along with current
remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed,
(2) Three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements,
All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not
following all steps will be automatically disqualified.