Terms of Reference: Website Developer
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and conducting policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues on the continent.
The Center seeks to engage a website developer to create a conference website as a part of the organization’s website www.aphrc.org.
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Be briefed on the overall goals of the consultancy with program staff
2. Provide expert guidance on site content and design features can be made internally coherent and align with the rest of the site to the degree possible
3. Create a site that will include approximately five pages and is to be live on or before March 31, 2016:
- Landing page with information about the conference, conference objectives, information on keynote speakers, and other pertinent information
- Logistics page (about Nairobi, directions from JKIA to APHRC, recommended hotels, and related information)
- Conference Agenda page (for now, this will be simply “Coming Soon” and content will be uploaded when available)
- Registration page: should include a fillable web form that emails participant details to designated APHRC staff; functionality to accept payment safely and securely;
- Post-conference page: to upload presentations, reports, etc. after the conference
- Besides an existing conference logo and stock images, imagery for the pages will need to be created, purchased, or otherwise adapted from previous conference materials. APHRC will want images to be available for use on printed conference materials as well.
Qualifications / Selection Criteria
- Consultant must be a legal entity registered in Kenya
- Consultant must have several years of experience in the field, including expert knowledge and experience with content management systems
- Strong layout and design skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to be self-directed and self-motivated
- Proof of attention to detail, including in written and verbal communication
- Availability to meet at APHRC twice, with the remaining time completed remotely.
How to Apply
If interested please email email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, CV that includes links to your work, three professional references, and a proposal including a brief work plan with costs and timelines (including time for APHRC review and feedback at appropriate stages).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We regret that we will be unable to respond to all applicants.
Application Deadline is Monday, March 14, 2016 at 12:00 EAT.