The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The Center seeks to recruit a Receptionist / Administrative Assistant to provide receptionist and administrative duties to the office.
- Receptionist and interface with visitors at the office
- Ensure the reception area is kept clean & attractive, furniture is properly arranged & magazines, brochures, daily newspapers and other literature are up to date
- Basic accounting duties including maintenance of office petty cash
- Secretarial duties e.g. booking meeting rooms, taking minutes during staff meetings and handling logistical requirements
- Processing of Local Purchase Orders and purchase requisitions
- Receiving and distributing mail to appropriate offices
- Making annual subscription of Center’s newspaper supply
- Receiving and verification of office stationery
- Processing of staff business cards
- Reconciliation of monthly statements for APHRC flight bookings
- Preparation of taxi and courier service scheduled for payment
- Bachelors’ degree in Administration or related field
- Excellent skills in MS Office programs
- At least 3 years of similar experience in a busy office, preferably an International NGO
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills
- Ability to assess priorities and manage competing demands with minimum supervision
- Reliable and attentive to detail
- Knowledge of French and experience in handling finances will be an added advantage
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal http://jobs.aphrc.org by March 17, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi