Job Title: Bakery Manager
Reporting To: Director
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the bakery.
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring trends and areas of improvement.
- Review established production schedules for to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Coordinate the hiring and training of all bakery personnel.
- Monitor bakery operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Work closely with the safety committee to ensure all staff are aware of safety policies to maintain a safe workplace.
- Develop and execute the bakery manufacturing budgets.
- Analyze workforce requirements.
- Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Communicate with research and development as well as product management personnel to develop new product strategies.
- Monitor production equipment to make ensure that it stays in good working condition.
- Prepare operational reports within the deadline.
- Ensure security efficiency of security system of bakery equipment and personnel.
- Managing bakery inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, and other operational processes to company standards.
- Follow the company sales and production planning standards and ensure that the bakery achieves the standards of performance as outlined in the work plan.
- Plan and order according to work plan and standards to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Ensure all new department associates receive proper training and supervision and ensure correct ordering, receiving, offloading, and storage of bakery products.
- Prepare monthly & weekly reports within the set deadlines.
- Organise, conduct and supervise employee’s annual performance appraisals.
- Regular staff trainings to ensure adherence to quality and maintenance of expected standards.
- Effectively liaises with Management to maintain a harmonious working relationship.
- Staff welfare – in liason with health and safety committee, ensure staff safety while at work by adhering to health & safety standards.
- Prepare monthly and annual reports ie. Sales, human resource, as and when required.
- Ensure timely renewal of staff contractual documents within the organisational & Labour Laws guidelines.
- Effectively maintain an amicable working environment by managing disputes within the laid down procedures i.e. disciplinary procedures.
- Ensures proper administration and updating of staff attendance records – ensure all staff clock in/out as per the Duty Roster.
- Maintain & timely updating of staff records, management of leave/vacations days, sick offs etc.
- Ensuring staff registration and timely remittance of NHIF, NSSF and other statutory requirements for casual, seasonal and permanent staff.
- Ensure all staff are in proper uniforms, shoes, and maintain proper hygiene standards required in a bakery.
- Performs other tasks as may be required from time to time.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production and maintenance needs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
- A degree or Higher diploma in food science
- At least a diploma in any management course
- Computer literate with knowledge in Microsoft Office
- 5 years working experience in a similar position
Qualified candidates willing to work in Mombasa only should send their application letters and CV’s including names of three referees and a daytime telephone contact stating current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.