Our client a dynamic leader in provision of Fleet Management and Vehicle Tracking solutions & Wireless & Navigation, Voice and Data solutions in Tanzania is currently seeking to fill the position of a Business Development Manager.
The successful candidate will be an executive leader who will supervise an organization’s sales department with an ability to be proactive and anticipate areas where assistance is needed and demonstrate initiative.
Job Location: Arusha
Reporting: reports to the Managing Director.
Job Location: Arusha
Job type: 2 years renewable contract
Language requirements: English & Swahili
Duties and Responsibilities
- An individual will be a head of Sales department and incharge of all projects.
- Prepare reports, including daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly and work on records and sales prospects summary reports showing activity, closings and follow-ups.
- Ensure proper control and custody of documentation associated with sales e.g. Proforma Invoices, General Correspondence, etc.
- Confirm payment of all monies due that time of installation and ensure the Sales representatives comply and follow up.
- Manage assigned Key accounts e.g. Banks etc.
- Procure and respond to Tenders, RFQs, EOIs.
- Identify new prospects/targets and sectors. Contact and pitch to the same.
- Sending out mail shots of products and services to all recipients in the database.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from feedback of advertisements and mail shots.
- Understand Client concerns and promptly advise Customer Care Team or other relevant department for immediate action.
- Making every effort to meet or exceed set sales targets.
- Participate in training of new Sales employees on-the-job from time to time as may be required.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, workshops, trade shows/fairs and promotion campaigns.
- Take responsibility for the co-ordination and placement of advertising and marketing material in local and regional newspapers, as well as the preparation of sales contracts and associated correspondence
- Ensure sufficient supply of marketing materials (Brochures, Flyers, Banners, etc) and ensure replenishment of the same when quantities reach re-stock levels.
- Attend and Co-ordinate monthly / weekly sales meetings including the preparation and distribution of minutes and agendas
- Monitor company website regularly and make contributions and suggestions to improve or grow its content.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, competitor activity and special developments to Management/Head of Department.
- Suggest unique and special sales activities to accelerate the sales of available stocks.
- Any Other Duties assigned by Management.
Desirable Qualities and Skills
- Bachelor/Master in Marketing or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in the same field.
- Excellent levels of computer literacy and good typing skills
- Has a good understanding of the business environment and the impact their behavior has on the reputation of the company.
Remuneration: An attractive salary package + a local monthly allowance will be offered + medical + Accommodation + visa and a flight ticket
Qualified interested candidates to share their CVs via firstname.lastname@example.org CC email@example.com
All applications should be received on /or before 18th March, 2016