Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
- Take lead in development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Plan for the program.
- Lead formal research activities (i.e. surveys, both qualitative and quantitative) and evaluations.
- Being responsible for the management and development of program databases for each of the technical component
- Supervising data entry including collation into program databases.
- Take lead in development of monitoring and evaluation tools for the program.
- Actively interrogate databases for discrepancies, errors and missing data in order to verify the accuracy and validity of the data.
- Undertake data analysis relevant to project activities and dissemination at district and provincial level.
- Ensure strengthening and expansion of effective referral system.
- Support the program team (Technical leads, Clinical officers, Field officers and M&E officers) in review of HIV service delivery at the health facility and community level for timely decision making.
- Developing ToRs for research and program consultancies.
- Capacity building and mentorship of program staff in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Review program achievements against indicator targets with a view to strengthening reporting as well as decision making.
- Disseminating findings from research and evaluations.
- Take lead in documentation of lessons learnt and best practices as well as dissemination on the same.
- Keep up to date program related data and reports for reference by the program team as well as other stakeholders.
- Provide data for internal and donor reports as well as internal documentation.
- Undertake ongoing capacity needs assessments on the districts health management information systems with a view to identifying gaps for support and mentorship.
- Develop and operationalise monthly facility and community monitoring visits that facilitate improvement in program service delivery.
- Providing technical support to the development of district work plans
- Provide technical support to the district health records personnel in collation, analysis, interpretation and utilization of HIV related data and information.
- Support strengthening of electronic medical records system in selected health facilities.
- Support strengthening of community based monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Support facilitation of learning and sharing of innovative models in information and knowledge management across facilities and districts.
- Enhance team work and management cohesion of the program.
- Effectively line manage Monitoring and Evaluation Officers.
- Exercise efficient management of office operations.
- Undertake processing of procurement of goods and services as per CARE Kenya operational guidelines and standards.
- Ensure proper utilization, safety and maintenance of CAREs property and resources.
- Scrutinize, confirm and verify all hired services and materials during service delivery to the project.
- Confirm and verify payments for services provided by vendor/suppliers.
Member of the Health Sector M&E department and therefore provides program development support on M&E areas and receives technical support from Sector M&E Coordinator.
- Stationed in Kisii sub office of the program, receives logistical and financial support during travel to undertake program activities.
- Qualifies for telephone allowance to enhance communication with health care staff of the ministries of public health and sanitation and ministry of medical services and consortium partner staff and CARE staff.
- Other allowances that are offered as per the approved CARE HR policy.
- Education: Preferably Masters degree in Monitoring and Impact Evaluation or Public health, Health Information Management Systems, Project Management with trainings in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Experience: At least five (5) years hands on experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in Health Programs.
- At least one formal training in monitoring and evaluation for HIV/AIDS programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrable strong program report writing skills
- Experience in reporting to PEPFAR will be an added advantage
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your application letter indicating the reference number, title of the position along with an updated CV with email and telephone contacts of three professional referees to:
Kindly do not attach any certificates/scanned documents to your application
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity.
CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
N.B) The interested applicants must indicate their expected remuneration level.