The Centre for Multiparty Democracy (CMD-Kenya) is a membership organization for political parties, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Applications are invited for the position of Executive Director.
The Executive Director (ED) is the senior most position in the CMD – Kenya secretariat and is responsible for the day-to-day management of its staff and of making executive decisions related to the implementation of programmes approved by the Oversight Board in support of the strategic objectives of the organisation.
Specific tasks include but not limited to:
- Programme management
- Organization management
- Support to governing organs
- Networking and Partnerships
- High integrity and good moral standards
- Should have at least a Masters degree from a reputable University in relevant field (Politics, Law, Business Administration, Human Rights, Social Sciences, Humanities etc)
- At least 12 years professional experience in mid to senior level management
- Proven and substantial experience in leading, supervising, coaching and motivating a professional staff team
- In-depth knowledge on the politics and political parties in Kenya
- Proven experience in project and programme cycle management (planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting)
- Ability to manage complex processes under time pressure and with multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience in resource mobilization and budget management (formulation, implementation, monitoring and reporting)
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should submit their application to the Chairman of CMD-Kenya through;
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date and time : 1st April, 2016 at 5:00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted