Organization Summary: The organisation works to protect the legendary ecosystems and astounding biodiversity of East Africa through conservation that directly benefits local Maasai communities.
Based on Kuku Group Ranch between Amboseli, Chyulu and Tsavo National Parks, the organisation engages the local Maasai communities to conserve critical wildlife and wilderness.
As the organisation and our tourism partner, Campi Ya Kanzi, support the Maasai communities in livelihoods, health and education, the communities have become partners in conservation.
Position: Chief of Party
Position Summary: The organisation is applying for funding to implement a two-year project to grow anti-poaching and other conservation efforts.
The organisation seeks a Kenyan Chief of Party to lead the project, who will be responsible for all aspects of the project and will ensure that all deliverables are met. Responsibilities will include planning and work plan management, supervision of staff, liaising with the Kenyan government, ensuring compliance with donor rules and regulations, managing reports and other communication with the donor, and providing technical input to ensure high quality anti-poaching and conservation approaches.
The Chief of Party will be expected to work closely with other the organisation staff to ensure project activities are complementary with ongoing the organisation initiatives.
This position will be based at the organisation’s headquarters on Kuku Group Ranch.
A comprehensive package, including basic accommodation, will be provided.
This position is contingent on award of donor funding.
- At least seven years of professional experience in conservation in East Africa.
- Experience in the Amboseli-Tsavo landscape and with anti-poaching efforts preferred.
- At least three years of experience working with local communities to implement conservation initiatives.
- Experience with Maasai communities an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve program results.
- Experience in a leadership role on a USAID-funded project strongly preferred.
- Fluent Swahili and English required. Maa an advantage.
- Kenyan candidates strongly preferred. Permission to work in Kenya required.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send a concise cover letter (including salary history and expectations) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NOTE: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews