with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient
capital market in Kenya.
applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong
problem – solving skills for the following position:
Reporting to the Manager Strategic Projects, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Under the guidance of the Manager Strategic Projects, assist with the implementation of the section’s strategy;
- Providing administrative support to the Manager Strategic Project office on a day to day basis such as setting up and maintaining project files, establishment of document control procedures;
- Monitoring and maintaining project schedules and budgets, preparing progress reports and liaising with the Directorates & Departments on behalf of the Manager Strategic Projects to identify strategic projects to be selected from the pool of Authority’s projects database;
- Contribute expertise in specialist tools and techniques (e.g. planning, monitoring and control tools, risk analysis among others);
- Assisting the Manager Strategic Projects in preparing presentations; drafting briefing papers and /or compiling pertinent background materials and preparing summaries for discussion;
- Assisting Manager Strategic Projects in tracking proposals on new sources of income and fundraising activities;
- Updating the database on key metrics relevant for regional and international bodies that are crucial to the Authority’s strategic projects portfolio;
- Preparation and maintenance of annual, half yearly, quarterly and continuous reports emanating from the office of the Manager Strategic Projects;
- Undertaking other assignments as allocated from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or Information Technology or Computer Science or any related field;
- Certification in PMP or PRINCE 2 will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience relevant experience in projects management.
- Project monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Knowledge of resources mobilization, public relations/international relations skills;
- Strong presentation and communication skills including ability to write reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team;
- Organization and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis using MS Product Suites and/or Project Management software;
Online applications through the E- recruitment should be received on or before March 31, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.