with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient
capital market in Kenya.
applications from dynamic, goal – oriented, high performers, with strong
problem – solving skills for the following position:
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Market Development, the selected candidate will be responsible for;
- Collecting, updating collating domestic and international capital markets and key macro-economic data to inform trends in the domestic and global economy;
- Establishing and maintaining a database of researchers and research firms to enhance the research capacity of the Market Development Department;
- Analysing capital markets and macro-economic data to generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for consumption by internal and external stakeholders of the Capital Markets Authority;
- Assisting the Market Development team in conducting gap analysis to inform developments & reforms in the capital markets industry through comprehensive survey and employment of other research methodologies research consumption;
- Working with the Market Development team in developing research proposals to address the gaps identified;
- Working with the Market development team in implementing proposals;
- Coordination of meetings and minute taking in Market Development Departmental Assisting the Strategic Projects Department in assessing impact of the projects undertaken or to be undertaken to establish optimization;
- Developing technical assistance proposals to development partners paper(s);
- Responding to client enquiries on capital market, financial sector and economic issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Financial Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Actuarial Science or Engineering;
- Two (2) years relevant experience preferably in a Data Analyst or Research Analyst position in the financial sector.
- A good knowledge of emerging trends and projects in capital markets and domestic capital markets trends, including projects under the Capital Markets Master Plan;
- Excellent research and data analysis skills;
- Knowledge on use of research tools and applications in fields such as product development, project management and policy formulation a definite advantage;
- Presentation and communication skills including ability to write reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express. Hands on experience in the use of and statistical packages such as SPSS, Stata and E-view is an added advantage;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as well as work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team;
- Organization and analytical skills.
Online applications through the E- recruitment should be received on or before March 31, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.