Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Industry: Property Development
Salary: 200K – 250K
Our Client is a leading project and development management company providing end to end property development services in East Africa for both private investors and international institutions.
They seek to hire an experienced and dynamic project manager.
- Provide day-to-day leadership of the projects during the immediate pre-construction selection and appointment of professional consultant team through to construction phases, acting as a co-ordinator between internal and external partners.
- Contract appointment and administration.
- Assist in the defining of and managing the development budgets and the programmes.
- Work closely with the development manager/client to co-ordinate the planning and development process of each project.
- Manage the contracted consultant teams to optimize contract terms and ensure timely delivery of all objectives.
- In close co-ordination with the development team, manage relationships with the contractor, brokers, the legal team and tenants.
- Contribute in discussions about design related activities and be involved in the product development aspect of the development process.
- Play a co-ordinating role in the interface between the leasing team and the project team, overseeing the development of related manuals and monitoring the tenant co-ordination process.
- Introduce best-practice systems of project and construction management, leading the implementation of quality control and relationship management techniques, in close co-ordination with the Managing Director/Project Director.
- Assist in the management and co-ordination of all project cost control and quantity surveying activities within the Company.
- He/She must manage the consultant team and the contractor to ensure that the key deliverables relating to time, cost and quality are achieved for each project under his/her responsibility:
Desired Skills and Experience
- A construction related Degree
- 5- 7 years’ experience
- A Professional Certification in construction field.
- A track record of successful Project Management
- The ideal Candidate must have strong leadership skills
- A Strong working knowledge of all aspects of construction project and commercial management including budgeting, contractual agreements, construction techniques, design process, scheduling and quality assurance procedures, building trades, construction materials, and building codes.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Culturally sensitive with the ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies at a local, regional and international level including contractors, government officials and other key stakeholders.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Construction Project Manager) to email@example.com before Wednesday 30th March 2016
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted