Job Summary: Supervises and coordinates activities of Electrician and Maintenance Electrician engaged in construction, maintenance and repair of electric power, lighting, and communication systems of buildings, factories, and transportation equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans wiring and installation of equipment and fixtures such as motors, generators, switches, circuit breakers, and fuse boxes.
- Inspects wiring and fixtures for conformance to company specifications or local electrical codes.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Sets up machines and equipment.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Five (5) years’ experience in electrical LV line erection
- Good supervision skills
- Must have a motor bike and a valid driving/riding license
Qualified candidates willing to work in Kilifi or Kwale only should send their application letters and CV’s including names of three referees, a daytime telephone contact and current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.