Job Vacancy: Fibre Lead Planner
Position Summary and Primary Objectives
- To manage, control and co-ordinate all fibre survey, design and planning of the core, backbone and access infrastructure layer for Fibre Deployment in the project as per customers requirements.
- Be accountable for the total design and bill of materials for the entire project.
- Ensure that all As-Built information is captured accurately.
- Manage planners and service providers doing fibre route surveys.
Main Duties / Key Accountabilities
- Attend all relevant fibre route meetings and surveys with client,planners and/or service providers.
- Supervise and manage the complete fibre survey, design,to the required standard, and according to the specification or plan.
- Monitor the progress of the fibre works (civils, manholes, cable works, re-instatements etc) and take corrective action when required in order to keep to the project schedule.
- Ensure that Site Handler, Eridoc, and the network drive is updated and all plans and planning docs are stored and saved.
- Liaise and consult with the project manager and supply regular feedback on the progress of planning and design work, variation on cost of project as build work is in progress as well as risks, SHEQ and other on-site issues that need attention.
- Highlight potential on-site risks that could impact on the project adversely, pro-actively, and propose contingency plans to mitigate these risks.
- Communicate daily and supply a weekly report to the Project Manager.
- Acquire and maintain certificates, specifications and as-built drawings for project documentation.
- Monitor and update all plans as build progresses
- Communicate with implementation manager and site supervisor regarding procedures, standards and any deviations.
- Perform responsibilities outside of normal working hours when necessary and travel to other destinations when necessary
- Ensure that all Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- Direct, co-ordinate and motivate subordinates in achieving objectives, both as individuals and as a team, and ensure that the work is performed in a safe, healthy and ethical manner.
- Supply reports and daily feedback to the Project Manager.
- Attend daily / weekly meetings with team members as the need arises.
Requirements: Education, Training and Experience
- Grade 12 & relevant modular training & experience, and / or
- N6 Electrical engineering, and / or
- BSC Electrical engineering
- Three years experience in a fibre planning position on a reasonably sized projects for fibre in the telecommunications industry.
- Experience in Fibre survey, planning & design
- Consistent employment record
- Knowledge of all telecommunications infrastructure fibre related products
- Valid Drivers License
- Conflict Management
- Interpersonal skills
- Excel and Word
- Microsoft Projects
- GIS planning tools
- Google Earth
Personal Attributes and Skills Required
- Pro-active and accountable
- Attention to detail
- Risk aware
- Leadership and people skills
- Conflict Management
- Quality and performance driven
- Management skills
To apply for this job kindly send your details to cndung’email@example.com