The Finance Manager will lead with managing the finance and accounts department and will support the senior management team in its drive to establish an efficient and effective department.
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports and documents for home office and donors.
- Supervise staff in the preparation of local consultant financial reports and liquidations.
- Supervise the Finance Officers in the planning and making disbursements of funds.
- Supervise in Petty Cash disbursement and management.
- Maintain operational filing system of all financial related documents.
- Gather information on costs when required for budgeting Responsible for all office related financial matters
- Preparation and delivery of high quality financial reporting and analysis
- Implementing and streamlining of financial reporting processes
- Responsible for the development of the budgeting and financial forecasting tools and analyzing previous business trends
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals
- Supervise the processing and recording of checks and disbursements on a daily basis, including verifying the accuracy of invoices and supporting documents.
- Manage the reconciliation of financial advances to support program activities.
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in a managerial position in the financial and administrative management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration. Master’s Degree in Finance Management is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting and Auditing Principles and laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, evaluate and modify financial programs, informational support systems and processes.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- High standards of integrity.
- Certified Public Accountant is also an added advantage
- Knowledge of electronic spreadsheets
Qualified candidates to send their CV to email@example.com before 3rd April, 2016