client, a leading Membership based Business Association in the
Financial Services Sector is looking for professionals to run its
secretariat and ensure the association’s head office operations are run
effectively and efficiently.
to the Chief Executive Officer, the holder of the position will be to
ensure that finance records are well maintained, the books of accounting
are updated and expenses are tracked, budget setting, reporting and
control, income management, financial reporting, annual accounts
preparation and debt management.
Key Responsibility 1: Budgeting
- Prepare the Association annual budget for CEO review and presentation to the Board
- Identify the various areas for raising fund for the association and follow through with direction from CEO
- Prepare budgets for the various events for the approval by the necessary committees
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Production of financial statements as required
- Preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence as required
- Collect all information and prepare reports at the stated intervals
- Resolution of finance related queries
- Work with auditors to prepare audited accounts
- Banking of all finance collected transactions
- Monthly Bank reconciliation of the accounts and production of management reports
- General ledger maintenance and updating & entering journals and other transactions
- Ad hoc analysis of costs and revenue generation figures
- Prepare members statements and follow up on payment.
- Raising invoice for members and following up on payments
- Liaise with external stakeholders on seeking sponsorship for association events.
- Maintaining and updating information on the organization’s website.
- Filing of Tax returns & VAT returns, NSSF, NHIF and PAYE
- Ensure all trade license are renewed as per respective deadline
- Ensure payment of invoices and distribution of statement to members
- Identifying and promoting cost-reducing measures
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by management
- CPA Part II/KATC
- 3 years’ accounting experience in the service industry
- Good analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knack for numbers
- Aptitude for working with computers.