Our client in (South Sudan) is sourcing for a Finance Officer who will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Finance officer will support and strengthen the integrity of finance systems, ensure smooth financial operations for supporting programme work and responsibility for updating and generating timely financial information to management and other levels in the Bank.
1.0 Financial systems and procedures
- Prepare annual budgets and guide the management team in strategic financial thinking and decisions.
- Ensuring smooth implementation and updating of robust and adequate financial systems and procedures in line with the banks finance Policy and good accounting practices
- Develop and update the finance diary that covers all the required activities on a monthly basis and lead staff to ensure that the diary is strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are fully supported and that they are all captured in on a daily basis; make sure that regular backups are taken and stored off site.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial diaries for office and sub-office finance systems and ensure its strict adherence to the Central Bank deadlines
- Maintain and ensure the integrity of the Central Bank reporting guidelines.
- Ensure the management of branch treasuries
2.0 Financial records and transactions
- Carry out sensibility and control checking before and after posting branch transactions. The job includes visiting branch to review financial records maintained in the branch are in compliance with Central Bank policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with regulators
3.0 Financial reports
- Responsible for timely, accurate and efficient financial reporting (both electronic and manual field returns) to the Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible for all internal management reporting to budget holders and head of departments/ managers.
- Responsible for ensuring that reconciliation of balance sheet/control accounts are carried out on monthly basis and ensuring that year-end accounting procedure are met consistently and that any discrepancies rectified.
4.0 Financial and system controls
- Ensure safe security of cash in the office and coordinate weekly and monthly cash counts and cash movement between the bank and central bank
- Ensure that systems are put in place to assure document security for a complete audit trail from the accounts records to supporting documentation and vice versa.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all the bank resources in order to keep costs reasonable.
5.0 Staff management
- Directly lead, manage and motivate staff in the finance department and ensure that they have clear work plans and performance management is integrated in day to day work activities.
- Assess and identify gaps on the capacity of finance staff and propose training and capacity building as required
6.0 Audit function
- Prepare financial statements of the bank
- Commission external audits on timely basis and ensuring that audit recommendations are implemented
- Manage and strengthen finance management and administration across the programme and ensure appropriate audit functions are carried out.
- Ensure compliance and financial integrity of the bank
7.0 other responsibilities
- Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects the Bank’s commitment to our programmes.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Professional qualifications in Accounting (CPA or ACCA) and/or a degree in Accounting
- At least five year’s bank experience and strong audit experience
- Proven experience to help facilitate a smooth audit process and work efficiently with external auditors
- Strong computer skills, especially on banking software financial system.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a professional team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
- Willingness to travel to field offices regularly
- Experience of working in a busy banking/financial environment
- Knowledge of South Sudan and English languages
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Finance Officer on the Subject line.
****This Role will be based in South Sudan****