Financial Controlling Manager
Job Code: FCM/BD/160308
Number Of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Finance Director, CEWA
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Our client is a FMCG company looking for a Finance Controlling Manager.
To positively contribute to the management of the business by supporting the planning,
forecasting and financial analysis for business KPI’s relevant to the Financial Controlling department supporting key decision making processes.
To support key accounting decisions with regards to accruals, provisions and balance sheet valuation.
- Support local decision making processes by identifying any opportunities and risks that impact on business performance as these are identified
- Give recommendations to improve local business development/efficiency
- Implement and publish local policies/procedures and other internal control processes where opportunity for improvement is identified
- Monitor adherence to published local internal controls as well as BDF global guidelines, and report any material deviations from these when identified.
- Reporting and Month-end closing
- To develop the KPI dashboard for the MU to be reviewed regularly with the management team and the functional managers in line with MU priorities.
- To co-ordinate that the monthly closing activities across the MU and ensure that the deadlines for closing are met.
- Ensuring all the system submissions are completed accurately and as per the timelines.
- To manage all the MU reporting requirements to region and corporate office in a timely manner.
- To develop and ensure daily, weekly, monthly reporting of sales by country, categories.
- To support the monthly, quarterly, annual business updates, management team reviews
Planning & forecasting
- Support the preparation of the financial plan of Management unit CEWA.
- Co-ordinate the bottom-up planning process for SOI – statement of Income with the functional controlling teams.
- Guide and coordinate the planning and forecasting of General Expense with other functions and achieve alignment with management board objectives
- GE Controlling
- Lead the bottom-up planning for general expenses by function and expense head.
- Ensuring correct cost center accounting for all the general expenses.
- Managing the back-charge model for all the cost to be charges to other affiliates.
- Monitor and assess on a monthly basis whether actual business development of General Expenses is on track with plan/forecast
- Regular GE review by function and cost head and timeously report any opportunities and risks as they are identified
- Actively looking for areas to optimize and save GE by bringing efficiencies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree
- 5-10 year’s experience in Finance and IT
- Local experience in Africa
- International experience (preferred)
- Prior experience in financial controlling, planning, budgeting, reporting (preferred)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Financial Controlling Manager
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Be advised, this job is open to kenyan nationals only