Our client is a manufacturing company servicing the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) multinationals.
They trade in products such as detergent, plastic packaging, soap, agrochemicals and industrial chemicals.
They are seeking to recruit an Account Manager.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Account Manager will be responsible for developing, managing and maintaining quality relationships with assigned accounts to ensure that sales targets are achieved and service delivery meets clients’ expectations.
- Develop long-term relationships with assigned customers by connecting with key business executives and other stakeholders.
- Liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of customer orders according to customer needs.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to assigned customers and as an interface between the customer and all relevant divisions.
- Communicate clearly the status of orders – both to clients and relevant contact people within the company, highlighting or escalating issues requiring resolution to key internal people.
- Forecast, track and report on key account metrics
- Continually seek out opportunities for new business within assigned customers, develop and present proposals with relevant internal input and lead on contract negotiation activities.
- Play an integral role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients.
- Keep self informed of internal operations that impact service delivery to assigned customers so as to anticipate service challenges and manage these in a proactive manner.
- Bachelors Degree in Arts, Social Sciences or an equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Account Management preferably in the manufacturing industry
- Experience in managing B2B relationships
- Ability to influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive level
- Delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
How to Apply:
Send your application including a cover letter and detailed CV, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by Tuesday, 15th March, 2016 to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.