Our client is a manufacturing company servicing the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) multinationals.
They trade in products such as detergent, plastic packaging, soap, agrochemicals and industrial chemicals.
They are looking to hire a Human Resource Manager who will direct, plan, organize and manage the Human Resources Department and its activities
- Reviewing and implementing human resource strategies, policies and procedures
- Keeping abreast with the legal requirements, ensuring compliance by the company and communicating these requirements to Senior Staff
- Take overall responsibility for coordinating the staff recruitment, and selection process as well as putting in place various recruitment methods to attract and retain a highly skilled workforce
- Managing industrial relations at the plant by regularly liaising with and communicating with the union on key issues. Ensure that the union is involved in key matters such as discipline and dismissals and terminations as may be necessary.
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring that all terminations and dismissals meet the requirements of the labor laws, CBA and internal company policies.
- Handle employee discipline ensuring that all disciplinary procedures are fair, transparent and aligned to the requirements of the relevant labor laws, the CBA, internal policies and other applicable legal requirements
- Handle all staff grievances in a prompt, fair manner while paying heed to the company’s business needs and processes
- Providing sound advice and guidance to the Directors on terminations and dismissals
- Working with unions and managing collective bargaining agreements
- Developing and implementing effective manual and electronic filing and retrieval systems.
- Implementing, monitoring and facilitating performance management programs and supporting staff through training, mentorship and coaching
- Conducting annual training needs analysis and putting in place training plans that will improve organization performance and staff output
- Planning and monitoring the maintenance of monthly leave schedules and ensuring that department heads and managers/ supervisors provide appropriate levels of cover at all times
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management
- At least five (5) years experience in Human Resource Management, three (3) of which must be in a supervisory position in a labour intensive environment.
- Sound knowledge of Kenya Labour Laws and working with Unions
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High degree of integrity, very good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
How to Apply:
Send your application including a cover letter and detailed CV, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by Friday 18 March, 2016 to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.