Our client is a medium sized company in food processing industry.
Their core business is milling sorting and packing of rice and similar groceries with a presence locally and within east Africa region.
They are looking for a self-driven General Manager with at least 4 years’ experience in FMCG market.
Salary: Starting at 120,000 KES
Job Profile: The General Manager will manage several departments such as Production, Quality, Finance, and Logistic. HR and Operations and make sure the company is viable with a defined and clear strategy.
He/ She will be responsible for overseeing management of the operations to produce products in the most cost effective manner within quality standards.
The general manager will also be responsible for interpreting reports from different departments and setting out the best Key Performance Indicators.
Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs which guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
Directs activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities.
- Locate, select, and procure merchandise for resale, representing management in purchase negotiations.
- Perform sales floor work such as greeting and assisting customers, stocking shelves, and taking inventory.
- Develop and implement product marketing strategies including advertising campaigns and sales promotions.
- Plan and direct activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with other department heads as required.
- Direct non-merchandising departments of businesses, such as advertising and purchasing.
- Recommend locations for new facilities or oversee the remodeling of current facilities.
- Plan store layouts, and design displays
Competencies / Skills
- The incumbent needs to be good decision maker with significant organizational skills to manage the company.
- Ability to provide leadership to a diverse group of people
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and to function well under pressure
- Experience of 5+ years in a managerial position in a food processing/manufacturing or Fast Moving Consumer Goods Industry. (International experience will be appreciated)
- High knowledge in Finance. ACCA or CPA will be appreciated
- Degree in Business Management, Finance, Production, or related subject is required. A master’s degree is an added advantage
- Must be honest
All interested candidates should click on the link below to complete their application: http://goo.gl/forms/JlOZJBv93T