Position: General & Operations Manager
Starting Salary: Gross Pay per month Ksh. 120,000.00
The key duties and responsibilities
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of production facilities.
- Locate, select, and procure merchandise for resale, representing management in purchase negotiations.
- Perform sales floor work such as greeting and assisting customers, stocking shelves, and taking inventory.
- Develop and implement product marketing strategies including advertising campaigns and sales promotions.
- Plan and direct activities such as sales promotions, coordinating with other department heads as required.
- Direct non-merchandising departments of businesses, such as advertising and purchasing.
- Recommend locations for new facilities or oversee the remodeling of current facilities.
- Plan store layouts, and design displays.
- At least 5 years experience in similar position
- Preferably a graduate or a masters holder (business related) from a recognized university
- Must be honest.
All qualified candidates should send their resumes to Catherine @nawirikenya.com with the subject line (General Manager) by 16th March 2016.