Job Ref.: CAS-267641
Sector: Education and Training
Start Date: September 2016
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Fixed Term (minimum two years)
The School: The school is a traditional British preparatory school located in Kilimani. One of the oldest prep schools in Kenya, The school is run by the same family that founded it in 1950.
The school aims to provide reasonably-priced schooling to parents who might otherwise be unable to afford a prep school education. The school has a family atmosphere, and its low-slung buildings and peaceful gardens serve as a haven from the city’s bustle.
All pupils, at the day-school, are expected to sit the Common Entrance examination in Year Eight before proceeding to secondary schools in Kenya or Britain.
The school seeks a Geography and PE master (Geography Master/Head of Sport)
As the successful candidate,
- You would be expected to teach British curriculum Geography from Years 3 to 8 and also to oversee PE and Games across the school.
- You would supervise our team of part-time sports’ coaches, work alongside our head of girls’ sport and other teachers involved in sport, and take charge of the sports’ timetable.
- You would organise fixtures with other international schools for all our teams and take a full role in organising such tournaments that we may be required to host.
- You would also organise our annual swimming gala.
- In addition, you would also be expected to supervise activity trips that would require a sacrifice of some weekends and holiday time. These include an annual assault on Mt. Kenya, a week-long outward bound trip and various other up-country expeditions. You must therefore be very fit, enthusiastic and dynamic.
- Experience of teaching in a British curriculum school is preferred, as is experience in coaching at least two of the following: cricket, hockey, football, athletics, and rugby.
- Familiarity with the Common Entrance syllabus would be an advantage, but not a prerequisite.
- The position would suit a self-reliant candidate who subscribes to traditional values and would appreciate a school that, by modern standards, is proudly idiosyncratic.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, send your CV and a cover letter that clearly explains your suitability for the role; with 3 referees to email@example.com Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
NOTE: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews