Organisation Background: GVEP is a UK charity seeking to reduce poverty in Africa through accelerated access to modern energy products and services.
To date, GVEP has supported the development and growth of 2,600 small and micro businesses in Africa, delivering energy access to over 7 million people in off grid areas and creating over 5000 jobs.
Purpose: The Outreach Officer will promote the project’s objectives among schools by helping connect them with stove producers and financial institutions as well as promote briquette making businesses and retailers to leverage credit from financial institutions.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Outreach Officer include:
- Implementing the communication and outreach strategy for the Programme. This entails inputs in developing and disseminating communication materials such as press kits, fact sheets and brochures; promoting the project vigorously among schools and cook stove and briquette businesses within the assigned region and recruiting the numbers necessary to realize the project targets for both improved cook stoves and briquettes.
- Carrying out training on the usage and communicating the economic benefits of improved institutional cook stoves and briquettes.
- Linking the recruited schools with selected quality stove producers and pre-identified financial institutions (in conjunction with the Capital Access officer) and facilitating the development and implementation of agreements among the three.
- Linking briquette retailers and consumers/users with selected quality briquette producers and pre-identified financial institutions (in conjunction with the Loan Guarantee Fund officers) and facilitating the development and implementation of agreements among the three.
- Monitoring the repayment of loans to financial institutions.
- Monitoring the repayment of loans by briquette businesses to financial institutions
- Periodic and timely reporting to the BDS Coordinator on progress/performance against the M&E framework
- Marketing solar PV systems to schools and institutions of higher learning.
- Carrying out other duties that may be reasonably assigned by management.
- Data collecting, analysing and providing feedback to the Business Development Services Coordinator and Country Manager and supporting the M&E Coordinator with quality control on field information.
- Prepare and submit a weekly report to the Business Development Services Coordinator and Country Manager.
- Degree in business or related discipline, a degree in Marketing will be desirable
- At least 3 years’ experience in marketing / business development preferably in Renewable energy sector
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Excellent levels of customer service
- Strong negotiation skills
- Displays strong clear communication and written skills
- A real self-starter, able to take initiative and operate independently
Interested candidates should forward their cover letters and CVS and indicate their minimum salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th April, 2016.
GVEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin or disability.