Position: Deputy Regional Director / Head of Programmes : Tanzania – Uganda – Somalia – Kenya (TUSK)
Responsible to: Regional Programme Director (RPD)
Location: Nairobi with frequent travel to the field stations
Closing date: 18th March, 2016
The Organization: Handicap International (HI) is an INGO specializing in the field of disability and development.
A strong emphasis is placed on empowering people with disabilities through their integration into mainstream development activities and the provision of appropriate health and rehabilitation services to ensure equal opportunities for all.
The Position: The Deputy Regional Director/ Head of Programmes is responsible for contributing to the elaboration and implementation of operational strategy of the program in close collaboration with the technical unit and the support services.
He/she directly manages the project managers and site coordinators.
The position is cross cutting, guiding the program on operational strategy, quality of actions, capacity building of the teams and monitoring and evaluation.
Participate to the development of the program
- Ensure the projects implemented are responding to the needs and are in coherence with the program’s strategy.
Fundraising for the program
- Lead the development of new project designs, concept notes, and proposals which fit within HI-TUSK’s strategic objectives
Guide the monitoring and evaluation process of the program and ensure donor compliance
- Ensure a vision of the level of implementation (indicators, activities, and budget) of all projects exist and is updated on a regular basis
- Ensure high quality reporting to the donors and partners
Representation of HI in the absence of the regional director
Guarantee the quality of the actions implemented
- Ensure actions implemented are of good quality
- Ensure interventions remain up to the most recent HI and Humanitarian standards at all times
Capacity building of the staff
- Ensure that the staff of the operational unit are working in respect of their job descriptions and assuming the responsibilities given to them
Qualifications: Master Degree in Development studies, Social Work or Sociology
- At least 5 years’ experience in program coordination in a development context.
- Experience in proposal writing, reporting, disability programming and design.
- Experience in the region would be a strong asset.
- Strong management skills,
- proven analytical and problem solving skills,
- good communication skills,
- training skills,
- pro-active work style,
- budgeting skills,
- writing capacities in French and
- proven stress coping skills.
How to Apply
Kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV (including 3 referees with their current professional contacts by email to:- email@example.com
The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Deputy Regional Director / Head of Programmes – Nairobi Position”
Please do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage.
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
Handicap International is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females and Persons with Disabilities are
encouraged to apply