Our client, a global company which offers services ranging from Sports facilities, Tele communications, Real estate development and Industrial projects is seeking to recruit Head of Civil Works.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing Civil works planning, designing and construction project management and inspections of building structures and its foundations according to standard rules and regulations.
- Evaluate and carry out assessment of drawing plans and design of new building and other structures of all Civil work projects to provide conclusions.
- Carrying out planning of civil works and building design and its foundations as well as provide design calculations as necessary for new building and structural projects.
- Carrying out inspections of all on-going projects to provide assessment and evaluation of the progress and development of the all civil works
- Ensures all on-going construction projects strictly follows all details of specification in the drawing plans and to certify that all materials are according to standards.
- Evaluating and performing assessment of Civil works, structural and foundation design, drawing plans and building and structural design to provide report to the Director of Engineering.
- Work in a team with in-house Civil Managers, Engineers, Designers, and Drafters to produce the concept, detailed design and documentation of civil projects.
- Acquiring and provide complete products and building materials information in concern with the designing and planning of the building or any structure in relation with the up –coming or on –going building construction projects.
- Provides a report of the required extent of man power for a particular civil work project.
- Gathers field date, engineering calculations and sizing for all architectural building systems and construction cost estimating.
- Ensures the requisition of building construction materials, tools and equipment for all Civil work construction projects.
- Coordinates with outside contractor to evaluate and provide assessment of drawing plans, design, bill of quantities and material requirements and the project schedule of new or any up-coming Civil works and building projects.
- Ensure designs are accurate and adhere to Kenya Standards.
- Inspect or visit sites to ensure quality of work and produce quality reports when relevant such as site inspection reports.
- Keep track of the financial performance of allocated work and archive project work, incoming information and outgoing information.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 5-7 years of experience in the civil constructions E.g with Industrial, commercial and residential Building works.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from a reputable university.
- Masters is an added Advantage.
- Licensed Engineer
- Must have proven leadership ability
- Communications skills and Interpersonal skills
- Must be able to develop strong relationships and accounts with clients.
If qualified, send your application letter and CV email@example.com clearly indicating ‘Head of Civil Works’ on the subject line by 30th March, 2016.
Do not attach your certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.