Description: Lead the development of a cost accounting framework in order to enable reporting of contribution margin by specialty as a first priority, but ultimately to determine the cost of each individual episode of patient care.
- Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
- Report on breakeven points by products, work centers, and factories
- Report on margins by product and division
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Analyze capital budgeting requests
- Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group
- 3+ years of accounting/finance experience.
- Also, a BA/BS degree, as well as excellent analysis skills, and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
- Also helpful to have experience manipulating large databases.
- Experience in Health Care/ Pharmaceutical Industry Required