Our client is a leading hotel chain in Kenya.
They operate high end units in most major tourism attraction areas in the country.
The chain is looking to recruit Accountants for several of their units in Kenya.
The holders will be responsible for:
- Timely and accurate accounting, reporting and analysis so as to help management in decision making.
- Proper processing and receipting of all incomes, including imprest surrenders.
- Monthly reconciliation of all debtors and creditors statements.
- Documenting financial transactions and ensuring all relevant data is captured in the system.
- Preparation of financial reports and assisting with balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Submission of monthly management reports including bank reconciliations.
- Maintaining accounting controls in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that financial reporting deadlines are met
- Reconciling of financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Ensuring security of information by ensuring backup of all financial data.
- Preparation of payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in accounting in a large hotel
- CPA (K)
- A degree in accounts will be an added advantage
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Proven knowledge and work experience with computerized accounting systems
- Strong business acumen, people skills and a good eye for detail
- Experience gained in the hotel industry is mandatory
Qualified applicants should submit a Cover Letter and updated CV as one document with 3 Referees by e-mail to: email@example.com, together with full contact details, including daytime telephone number and email address.
The applications should be received on or before Wednesday 16th March 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.