Job Ref.: ASL-273226
Job Reports To: Group HR Head / General Manager
Job Supervises: Entire HR team and Divisions
Job Purpose: To formulate and implement HR policies, strategies across the organization in line with the company’s corporate strategy.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To develop effective HR policies and strategies to meet the company’s human resource requirements and objectives.
- To ensure recruitment, selection, orientation, and training of employees is done by adapting best practice. Promote the company’s policy as an equal opportunity employer.
- To design and ensure effective implementation of suitable periodic Training and Development program across the organization.
- To represent and coordinate all litigation matters arising from employees and maintain updated records for every such matter update the management on progress and put in measures to reduce/eliminate litigation.
- Put in place an effective grievance handling process resulting to motivated workforce.
- To co-ordinate succession planning process and Career development plans.
- To initiate and co-ordinate the Organization’s Development interventions aimed at promoting culture change systems necessary for raising performance standards
- To develop performance standards and criteria for measuring performance using a fair, transparent and effective performance management system, and retention of quality staff.
- To ensure administration and maintenance of sound Industrial Relations and Community Services as per company policy.
- Ensure compliance with Employment legislation and internal company regulations.
- Maintain high standards of discipline within the organization and act on noncompliance in a fair, transparent and effective manner.
- To manage and promote the Company’s social corporate responsibility.
- To facilitate the implementation of the Company’s corporate governance strategy.
- To ensure adequate and effective medical services to staff.
- Ensure every position has a job description and every staff has a valid contract at all given times across the organization.
- To prepare and submit periodic reports and recommendations for improvement in the management of human resources in the Company.
- Ensure there is an effective attendance mechanism in place to provide input for payroll, for all employees.
- Ensure maximized return on human capital by achieving optimum efficiencies.
- To execute any other duties/task assigned by the management
- Recruitment and Selection
- Return on human capital
- Rules, regulation and policy compliance
- Meet the time frame for each position.
- Ensure annual calendar is in place and compliance.
- Meet the return on human capital target.
- Handle litigation effectively and reduce arising matters periodically.
- 100% compliance across the organization.
- Must have minimum 10 years’ experience in a reputed / busy manufacturing setup.
- Must have a proven track record in handling more than one manufacturing divisions.
- Should have sound knowledge of local labor laws, expertise in training, policy making & implementation.
- Good knowledge of payroll processing.
- Must have sound knowledge in Union related matters and litigation matters.
- Degree in HR / equivalent from a reputed university.
- Must be proficient with MS Office / presentations / report etc.
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews
The Recruiting Organisation is an equal opportunity