Position: Human Resources Assistant
Reporting To: Head of Human Resources.
Duty Station: Nairobi
- Work permitting – Preparation of Work Permit and Special Pass Letters, making online applications and compilation of all required documents.
- Assisting in induction and placement formalities of new employees.
- Opening and preparing employee files for employees upon hiring, maintaining and updating HR personal records of employees as well as closing the files upon exit
- Handle employee related needs e.g discipline procedures, grievances, trainings, promotions, appraisals and matters performance evaluations. Should be well aware of performance review methods and techniques.
- Preparation and drafting of Offer, Salary Increment, Confirmation, Warning, Termination and Employer Introductory Letters as well as Probationary Contracts.
- Recruitment and Selection – facilitate recruitment and selection process by assisting in shortlisting, participating in interview sessions, maintaining recruitment records and background checks.
- Prepare and submit reports as and when required.
- Human Resource Policies – develop, implement and maintain human resources policies across the organization, including training programs to educate and promote awareness of regulatory compliance.
- Generating and Coordinating distribution of monthly pay slips and most recently P9 Forms to employees.
- Ensure pro-active, regular and relevant communication flow within the HR department and other departments/ units.
Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resource Management or a Higher Diploma from the Institute of Human Resource Management
- Over 2 years experience in a H.R Generalist position
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications Proficiency in word and excel
- Outstanding speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and prioritize own work
- Keen attention to detail with good time management skills
- Well conversant with applicable labour laws in Kenya, statutory compliance requirements and understanding of best practices
- Ability to work under pressure and meet stipulated deadlines.
- Display professional demeanor with qualities such as strong work ethics, trustworthiness, and self confidence.
- Team player
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, meet the above minimum qualifications and experience send your Application letter along with your Current CV as One Word Document, and a daytime telephone contact to;
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 46279-00100
P.O Box 46279-00100
OR e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 23rd March 2016 at 5:00pm