The Industrial & Commercial Development Corporation (ICDC) is Kenya’s premier Development Finance Institution established 61 years ago to promote the nation’s economic development through the creation, growth and establishment of industrial and commercial enterprises.
ICDC aspires to be a high-performance public entity contributing meaningfully to the economic development of Kenya. Hence, attracting and retaining the right people is essential to the realization of our aspirations.
If you are a qualified professional who aspires to make a meaningful contribution to the growth of Kenya’s economy and have the required skills and competencies, we invite you to apply for the following position:-
Job Title: Legal Officer
Role Purpose: To provide legal services in relation to litigation, alternative dispute resolution, commercial law, conveyancing, financial services, compliance, and facilitate legal debt recovery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend Court and Alternative Dispute Resolution sessions to prosecute and defend cases involving the Corporation.
- Prepare and file precise and timely Court pleadings.
- Effectively manage and co-ordinate with external lawyers, auctioneers and process servers.
- Draft, review and negotiate documents for equity, loan and other related financing arrangements.
- Advise on good corporate governance practices, monitor corporate governance frameworks and regulatory compliance.
- Facilitate and oversee the repossession of assets charged to the Corporation in the event of default.
- Monitor the auction process to ensure compliance with the law and laid down procedures.
- Prepare lease and lease agreements.
- Develop, prepare and review contractual documents.
- To carry out legal due diligence on prospective clients.
- Verify, vet and issue professional undertakings to ensure compliance thereof.
- Provide legal advice to the Corporation’s staff for informed decision making
- Provide input into the budgeting process and prepare quarterly reports
- Carry out legal audits and ensure legal compliance by various departments
- Prepare quarterly reports to the Corporation Secretary
- Bachelor of Laws, (LLB) from a recognised University
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law
- Good analytical skills
- Good business acumen and negotiation skills
- Effective communication and writing skills
- High level of integrity and accountability is essential.
- Knowledge of the business and applicable law and constitution
- Five (5) years’ relevant experience two (2) of which should be in a similar position in a financial institution.
How to Apply
Kindly submit your application letter indicating current remuneration and daytime telephone contacts together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to:
HR & Adm. Manager
17th Floor Uchumi House, Agakhan Walk
P. O. Box 45519 – 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
ICDC is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing. Women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications should be received on or before close of business 24th March 2016.