Industrial Relations Manager
- Co-develop IR strategies, policies and processes and monitor the implementation.
- Manage individual Employee Relations cases to ensure that they are properly documented and is responsible for issuing complete reports and recommendations
- Responsible for monitoring and managing the administration of all disciplinary/grievance issues as per disciplinary /grievance handling procedure
- Proactively work to address IR issues through strategic management interaction
- Develop, implement, and monitor strategy for employee engagement and communication, ensuring alignment with the business objectives.
- Provide responsive, high quality expert guidance and advice to Line managers for appropriate management of IR issues especially in grievance handling, disciplinary actions and implementation of change initiatives.
- Facilitate building of managerial capability on employee and Industrial relations and coach managers to handle disciplinary issues through facilitation of Training programs.
- Proactively manage the interphase with external bodies and partners i.e. Formal Union,COTU, FKE and Ministry of Labour on all issues relating to Employment laws and practice.
- Drive effective interface between the business, industry, government and other relevant bodies.
- Support the CBA negotiation process and champion the CBA administration, interpretation and application across the business
- Be conversant with and ensure compliance to labour law, government regulations and CBA relating to staff issues
- Liaising with legal section and company lawyers on all legal issues relating to ER/IR.
- Drive company IR programs and do external benchmarking to migrate and implement IR practices into the company
- Develop, implement and monitor policies and practices to improve the ability to manage diversity effectively
Qualifications for Relations Manager
- Degree in Social Sciences; Human Resource management, Industrial Psychology/Industrial Relations
- Professional HR qualifications an added advantage and evidence of continuous professional development will be required.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in related work in Human resource management functions, specifically in labour and employee relations and Industrial Relations.
- Knowledge of Labour laws of the country
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th March 2016 indication the position at the