Our client in the importation and wholesale industry is sourcing for an Internal Auditor who will be responsible for providing accounts and audits efficient for the operation of the office.
The position holder MUST have accounting experience plus a good working knowledge of analyzing and auditing records.
The position of Internal Auditor will be based in Mombasa, Kenya.
- Prepare effective auditing plans
- Execute group internal audit and special investigations, compliance with policies and rules
- Analyze operations and propose value-added recommendations
- Identify the weakness of control & process and also provide evidential support
- Organize and implement internal audits
- Assisting external auditors for efficient audit designs
- Responsible for assigning work to the different staff and estimate resource needs
- Provide management with an opinion on the internal controls and fraud matters
Details of Function: The main objective is to provide a full range of financial, compliance, and operational audits, business advisory and consultation services, investigations, internal control structures, accountability, and use of resources.
Assist individuals who perform operational and financial activities with risk assessments and action plans in their responsibility areas to heighten awareness of major exposures, loss potential, and /or transactional anomalies and facilitate discussions of practical ways to manage or avoid them.
Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the company’s objectives and goals to be met.
- A University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience or Account Auditing.
- Acknowledged or Certified in a recognized body of accounting or Finance. e.g. ACCA, CPA.
- The equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Prepared to work overtime and weekends if required.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Internal Auditor on the Subject line.