International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. International Medical Corps currently implements projects in various counties in Kenya.
International Medical Corps is seeking a candidate to fill a position of a Social Protection Specialist to lead in implementation of Nutritional Improvement through Implementation of Cash and Health Education (NICHE) program.
Scope of Work – Essential Duties
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in implementation of NICHE program in Kitui
- Work closely with the social protection and nutrition stakeholders to enhance their understanding of the NICHE program and its objectives
- Design information system for NICHE program and advise the kind of data that should be collected for every target group, and how it will be analyzed
- Support the stakeholders in selection of participants sampling criteria for the NICHE program and help in targeting of the households for the three model cohorts to be included in the program.
- Lead in preparation of annual work plan for the Niche program including the milestone activities
- Ensure that community education programmes for the targeted households are developed and implemented
- Collaborate with the research consultancy for monitoring of the outcomes and impact of the NICHE program
- Develop quarterly program reports and ensure they are shared to all relevant stakeholders
Qualification and Experience
- Higher degree in economics, social development and social protection
- Minimum of 8 years working experience 4 of which should be in planning and implementation of social transfer programmes in developing countries
- Knowledge of children’s right gender equality and human rights based frameworks and understanding of an equity based approach
- Experience in project management or public services management preferably in health care and social protection/social welfare sector
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure with short deadlines
- Ability to work independently, seeking guidance on complex issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven team orientation and the ability to work across unit boundaries
- Proven track record as a team member or/and a team leader
- Knowledge of approaches to modelling, monitoring and evaluation
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication and facilitation and writing skills
Qualified and interested candidates to submit applications BY E-MAIL ONLY which should include:-
(1) Application Letter;
(2) Current C.V. with telephone number and e-mail address;
(3) Three referees with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
not later than 11th March 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.